Registered Dietitian & Nutrition Manager
- A rewarding role for an experienced Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Manager.
- Accelerate your career with an organization that wants you to succeed!
- Experience a more peaceful life and make a difference by joining a remote community.
About the Organization
North Centennial Manor is a non-profit Long-Term Care facility established in 1967 and home to 78 residents. The home functions to deliver long-term care to elderly persons, people with disabilities, and those who have a chronic or prolonged illness.
At North Centennial Manor, we encourage career development while still maintaining a work and life balance. Whether through continuing education courses or in-house training, there is always room to grow. Our friendly and supportive culture is the steady force that connects us and keeps us focused on providing exceptional care services for our residents.
If this sounds like an environment you could thrive within, then we want to hear from you.
North Centennial Manor is a Long-Term Care facility committed to providing excellent care to all our Residents in a safe home-like environment.
Our vision is to be the model Long-Term Care facility in the north by putting joy in each Resident’s heart.
For more information, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
North Centennial Manor has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Manager to join our team in Kapuskasing, ON, on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will be responsible for formulating and executing clinical nutrition care plans and programs for approximately 78 residents as well as managing the Dietary department and supervising 12-15 employees. As a member of the management and administration team, you will be expected to promote health and disease control across the organization.
Key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Complying with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care standards, home policies and standards including all applicable legislation.
- Adopting a resident-oriented collaborative approach to nutrition and resident care.
- Managing and enforcing regulatory and facility requirements related to the Dietary department, including menu planning, ordering, scheduling, staff meetings, performance evaluations, training, disciplinary actions, labour relations and all departmental functions.
- Conducting comprehensive health and nutrition assessments of residents.
- Developing, monitoring and documenting residents' nutritional care plans.
- Participating and working to develop residents’ nutritional plans as the Nutrition Manager in collaboration with the Director of Care, Nurse Practitioner and or Physician where applicable.
- Providing education to staff, residents and their families.
- Developing and maintaining Clinical Nutrition policies and procedures.
More About You
The successful candidate is required to have a current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario or the Dietitians of Canada with at least 2 years of experience in a supervisor or manager role. Previous experience managing a Dietary and Nutrition service in a long-term care or health care setting is an asset as is the knowledge and experience with computer applications such as Microsoft Office. Given the remote nature of the area, a valid driver's license or reliable transportation will be essential assets for this position.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered; however, you will still need to be registered as a Dietitian.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check.
As the ideal candidate, you are required to have a strong aptitude for prioritizing, multi-tasking, and problem-solving, as well as excellent decision-making and interpersonal skills. Ability to use your listening, verbal and written communication skills in ideally both English and French, in order to interact effectively with residents, their families, coworkers and physicians, in a professional, courteous and clear manner. Competency and extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements and protocols influencing the long-term care environment will ensure your success in this role.
Above all, you'll be a reliable team player who is eager to grow in a fast-paced environment while leading by example and being passionate about the work you do.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary along with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Medical-dental package after 3 months.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Pension plan.
- Relocation assistance is available.
- Training and education programs are available to enhance skills relative to your position.
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and friendly team.
- Before the pandemic, we had frequent social events like our Christmas party, and we're eager to get back to them as soon as we can.
This is your chance to be part of a dynamic community where you will have the opportunity to make your mark for the better of all.
Are you ready to build a career with an organization that wants to see you succeed?
Apply to join North Centennial Manor today!